Monday, August 24, 2009

I am such a chicken....

OK, funny story.....

About an hour ago, I walk outside to see if my mail is here......

(it wasn't)

I walk back to the entry door.....I stop cold and run the other way.....

Why?

There were 2 huge wasps just chillen on my door.

OK, I walk farther away. Nothing.

I get in my car and find small items to throw at them. I even broke up many pieces of chalk to throw....

Nothing is working.

Finally, my mailman (who is such a cutie) comes by... I jump out of my car and yell "Mark. help me, I can't get in!!!"

Being a nice guy, he kills the wasps for me and I can safely go inside.....

I have always been super afraid of bees and wasps, but a few weeks ago we were at a picnic and Jason walked right into an underground wasp nest..... There were seriously a thousand!! Anywho, they were so agressive, they even got into his socks!!!! He was stung 9x total. 8 between his feet and legs and one on his hand when he put his hand in his shoe. It was bad. But it could of been so much worse.

I understand the need for honey bees... but why on earth do we need wasps, yellowjackets, hornets, bumble bees, carpenter bees, ect??!!!

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

We were just talking about this over the weekend! My dad found a huge yellowjackets nest in the field in front of his house and killed them all.

Normally, I'm anti-killing of anything...but with something like yellowjackets...I just don't see the point of their existence other than to harm people.

Blah.

Glad it worked out well.

XXOO

Katie said...

you crack me up!!!!! You know the guys name??? Thanks so much for the sweet commenst.. are you feeling better?